Monday, March 3, 2008

Why am I doing this? A List

I have been thinking a lot about why I am choosing to blog when I have not written anything AT ALL in years. I'm kind of unsure about having people read what I have to say. Obviously, I'm not writing state secrets in my little Happiness blog, but it is my life and I'm not sure how settled I am in this whole thing - and yet I'm fascinated.

So here are 10 reasons I keep blogging, even in my insecurity:

10. I can't help it now..I think about it a lot
9. I love the sense of community that can be built via blogging and reading blogs
8. I'm returning to my passion - writing. Even writing lists guides me to open my mind back up in a way I haven't in a long time.
7. I like playing with all the colors and fonts to get things how I like them
6. If I'm going to read people's blogs, I feel like I should put something out there. Not like anyone knows who I am or cares what I'm up to, but maybe sometime, somthing I write will help or make someone laugh, touch them. Who knows?
5. I like the idea of leaving something behind
4. It will help me keep Roby's memory alive, and my father's and other people gone before their time
3. I like the idea of leaving something behind to remember me by (hey, we all gotta go someday)
2. I like memes

And the number 1 reason I am doing this...
1. I like the accountability of commiting to something and following through with it. Maybe I won't be able to finish my committment, but if I do, what an amazing journey to look back on, whether it is the 101 in 1001 days or the blog365 or whatever else I do.

So, that's my list for today. I hope to write something more profound, but until then, cheers.

No comments: