Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Letter to G.

Dear G-

I will not work 21 days in a row without a day off. I will not work 6 days a week whenever your whim tells you that I should work. I will not go another 3 years without a wage increase of any kind. I don't mind being "flexible" but it is important for you to know that even flexible things break. Sometimes, if you wear all of the elasticity out of an item, it just snaps and usually, snapping happens in a quick, unexpected and not so soft way.

I love my job. I love what I do and how much I have grown. I do not love that I am not valued as much as I would like to be. I love that I am challenged everyday and that I feel like I'm not naturally good at this. I have always been good at everything and this is SO MUCH WORK. That is not a bad thing. I am never bored. Not once in 3 years. But I am burned out. And that is sad.

I hope we can come to some kind of understanding about this weekend thing.

Sincerely-
Jean

No comments: